Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Black Bean Blownie Recipe (Gluten Free)

Ingredients:



  • 1 (15 1/2 Ounces) Can black beans (rinsed and drained)


  • 3 eggs


  • 3 tablespoons oil


  • 4 tablespoons cocoa powder


  • 1 pinch salt


  • 1 teaspoon vanilla


  • 3/4 cup sugar


  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder


  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda

Directions:





    1. Mix ingredients together in a blender/food processor until pureed ( I mix pure the beans first!)


    2. Pour into a greased 8X8 cake pan.


    3. Stir in some chocolate chips and nuts, or leave plain.


    4. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes.


    5. Let cool completely before cutting.





      *I didnt have chocolate chips so I chopped some Hershey's bar and put it on top. There are many variations to this recipe and it is fun to try out adding and/or subtracting ingredients.

      My kids love it and so do I.

    No comments: