- 1 (15 1/2 Ounces) Can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix ingredients together in a blender/food processor until pureed ( I mix pure the beans first!)
- Pour into a greased 8X8 cake pan.
- Stir in some chocolate chips and nuts, or leave plain.
- Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
*I didnt have chocolate chips so I chopped some Hershey's bar and put it on top. There are many variations to this recipe and it is fun to try out adding and/or subtracting ingredients.
My kids love it and so do I.